Since summer is all about easy meals that don’t require a hot oven, consider making this nutritious and delicious Raspberry Spinach Salad to accompany what you’re serving from the barbecue.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 6 cups (1.5 kg) baby spinach (washed and drained)
- ½ cup (125 mL) sliced mushrooms
- ¾ cup (200 mL) cubes of feta cheese
- ½ cup (125 mL) fresh raspberries (or frozen, thawed on paper towels)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) raspberry wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic salt
- Dark pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil
Place spinach in a large bowl. Add mushrooms, feta, and raspberries to spinach. In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, vinegar, garlic salt, pepper and olive oil; pour over spinach mixture and gently toss. Serve immediately.